How to Cook House Bird nest with Pandan leaves
1.Cook 2 pieces of bird's nest for 4-5 servings.
2. Soak bird's nest in water for 1.5 hour - 2 hour. Bird's nest will expand -If there are any impurities such as debris and feathers, remove them. Once bird's nest softens, drain water through a strainer and it’s ready for cooking.
3. Use 2. – 3 porridge bowls of water for 2 pcs of bird nest.
4. Boil the water in a small pot. Once the water boils, put pandan leaves followed by crystal rock sugar.
5. Boil pandan leaves for about 5-7 minutes until water turns light green and there’s aroma of pandan fragrance.
6. Remove pandan leave and place the softened raw bird's nests into the pot.
7. To have solid chunks bird’s nest soup …steam it for 35 - 45 minutes .
8. Bird’s nest soup is best consumed at room temperature, or chilled, and before bedtime.